As a part of our referral services, we have placed 11 counselors in 6 major Govt. Hospitals in Hyderabad who guide and counsel rural patients and help them avail healthcare services.
These counsellors reach out to approximately 5 lakh patients annually in Osmania, Gandhi, MNJ, Niloufer & Sarojini Devi Eye Hospitals in Hyderabad. We have recently appointed counsellors in Government Dental Hospital & College, Hyderabad as well. They also engage patients, mostly children with art and craft programmes (Niloufer & MNJ Hospitals)
The physical well-being of the communities is taken care by “Mobile Clinics” which are miniature comprehensive mobile health care units. These healthcare units travel the length and breadth of 28 villages in Kothur and Nagarjuna Sagar mandals for providing basic healthcare services along with health education.
The objective of this project is to prevent disability and malnutrition among pregnant and lactating mothers, and motivate them for institutional delivery for healthy motherhood. Annually, more than 400 women and 200 children are benefited in 25 villages through this outreach program.
Kitchen gardens are also being maintained with the help of the stakeholders at each of the nutrition centres along with individual kitchen gardens for antenatal and postnatal households.
Natco Trust works closely with state run hospitals to create infrastructure for better services. These are the projects that we have undertaken so far.
* Renovation of patient waiting choultry at Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital, Hyderabad
* A first of its kind 44 bedded Paediatric Oncology ward at MNJ & RCC Cancer Hospital, Hyderabad
* Construction of Niloufer Natco OPD Block, where 30,315 sft floor area was developed. A separate play area for children along with new furniture was also donated by Natco Trust. Around 1200 patients avail services in the new block every day. We have appointed two patient counsellors and also maintain sanitation in the Niloufer Natco block
* Patient waiting hall with sanitation facilities at Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
* State of the art laundry equipment for Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences, Hyderabad
* L V Prasad -Natco Eye hospital, State of the art facility created at Kothur to cater to rural eyecare
* Community health centre at Nidubrolu, Guntur, Renovation of paediatric ward at Guntur General Hospital
* Community health digital primary health centre, Mekaguda
Rural Sanitation: As a part of the Swachh Bharath Abhiyan, with an objective to provide ISL’s for every household, NATCO has initiated construction of toilets with the support of the state government. We collaborate with RWSS (Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Department) and facilitate construction of ISL’s in rural villages. We have strived towards achieving our goal of 100% open-defecation free zones in Gollamudipadu village.
Hospital sanitation: Natco Trust supports and maintains all sanitation efforts in Niloufer Natco OPD Block, Hyderabad. The Trust is also in the process of constructing an entire toilet block in Guntur Government Hospital.
Swachh Bharath Swachh Vidyalaya: We support a lot of government schools in our programme area by providing sanitation staff for maintaining health and hygiene.
Swachh Bharat: We have conducted mega cleaning campaigns to spread awareness among people and to strengthen the cleanliness systems in urban and rural areas by bringing behavioural changes among people and motivate them towards healthy practices.
To prevent water borne diseases and to provide potable water to the community, Natco Trust initiated establishing up of potable water plants for the communities in more than 20 gram panchayats at Nalagonda, Ranga Reddy, Hyderabad, Guntur, Prakasam, Vizianagaram and Srikakulam districts and BC welfare schools. One among them was a community purified sand water filter, thus benefiting a population of more than 30000 people.